The 2017 Halstead Grant Application is DUE: August 1st
Here is what you will need to do to get your grant application in the works:
- Visit the Halstead Grant page to download your application.
- Fill in the form to start the 2017 Halstead Grant application download.
- Read the entire application carefully.
- Visit our jewelry grant writing resource page for further research.
- Talk to your mentors about your application.
- Dive into writing your official Halstead Grant Application/Business Plan!
Everyone waits until the last minute and then rushes around right before the deadline to hurry up and get their application done and submitted… DO NOT WAIT! The deadline is August 1st! Leave enough time to take a break then review your finished application. Even better would be enough time for someone else to review your application. You never know how much help another set of eyes can be when it comes to these types of things.
Start working on it today to get those creative juices flowing so if you get stuck on a question or need help you have time to do so. If you get stuck on a question this is a great opportunity to research and reach out. Mentors like your jewelry professor or someone in the industry you admire are usually willing to help when they can and love to bat ideas back and forth with another business owner. The worst they can say is “no”.
Other great resources include:
- Our friends Tracy and Robin at Flourish & Thrive Academy. Their jewelry business education website full of free content as well as paid classes on running a jewelry business. Fantastic resources via podcasts, webinars, online courses and an annual seminar.
- How to Create Your Own Jewelry Line by Emilie Shapiro
- Mariel Diaz began Accounting for Jewelers years ago to provide content specifically for small jewelry businesses. Check out her blog for fantastic free content. She also offers consulting service options.
Get your 2017 Halstead Grant Application in the work today!